The RESAVER Consortium
The RESAVER Consortium is an international, not-for-proﬁt organisation, established on 1 October 2014. The Consortium is responsible for establishing the RESAVER Pension Fund and defining its design.
Only the Consortium can promote RESAVER and assess the research activity of interested organisations. The Consortium is the contracting party of RESAVER Insurance.
The Consortium's Purpose
The RESAVER Consortium’s purpose is to:
- promote the establishment of the RESAVER Pension Fund for the beneﬁt of individual employees of research organisations within the EEA;
- design the common features of pension arrangements that are included in RESAVER Pension Fund for each country;
- promote the establishment of RESAVER Insurance, to supplement the RESAVER Pension Fund;
- deﬁne the roll-out plan for the RESAVER Pension Fund;
- represent organisations/employers; and
- engage in the selection process for service providers.
The Consortium's structure
The following diagram shows how the Consortium's structure works.
- The General Assembly is the general leading body of the Consortium. It takes decisions by voting.
- The General Assembly is composed of Full Members, who each have one vote and Associate Members who do not have voting rights.
- The Consortium is managed by its Board of Directors, the executive body. The Board is elected by the General Assembly.
Consortium Full members
The Full Members of the RESAVER Consortium are listed below. Founding Members are marked with *.
Click on a country name to reveal the Full Members within that country.
- Central European University*
- Fondazione Edmund Mach*
- Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia*
- Association of Dutch Universities (VSNU)*
Consortium Associate members
The current Associate Members of the RESAVER Consortium are listed below. Founding Members are marked with *.
Click on a country name to reveal the Associate Members within that country.
- ELI DC International Association AISBL
- European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Fondazione Bruno Kessler
- Laimburg Research Centre
- Luxembourg Institute of Health
- University of Luxembourg
- Association of Norwegian Research Institutes
- Universities Norway
- Centre Tecnologic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya
- Fundació Institució dels Centres de Recerca de Catalunya
- Fundacion Agencia Aragonesa para la Investigacion y el desarrollo
- Institució Catalana de Recerca i Estudis Avançats
- The Institute of Photonic Sciences
- Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
RESAVER Pension Plan member organisations
The current organisations that are members of the RESAVER Pension Plan are listed below. Founding Members are marked with *.
Click on a country name to reveal a list of the RESAVER Pension Plan member organisations within that country.
- Central European University*
- CEU Oktatási - Szolgáltató Nonprofit Kft.
Our supporters include:
- European University Association (EUA)
- League of European Research Universities (LERU)
The RESAVER Consortium is led by its General Assembly, which meets at least once a year.
It has mainly a supervisory/strategic role, including:
- approving the annual accounts and the budget;
- deciding on the admission of Member organisations;
- deciding on the exclusion of Member organisations;
- approving amendments of the bylaws;
- electing the members of the Board of Directors;
- appointing the statutory auditor (if any);
- deciding on the dissolution of the RESAVER Consortium; and
- approving the common pension plan design for each country.
Meet the Board of Directors who run the General Assembly.
Find out why you should join the RESAVER Consortium.
Find out the joining criteria.