Joining the RESAVER Pension Fund
RESAVER is available for research organisation and researchers alike.
Here you can find out:
- if your organisation can join;
- what your oganisation needs to do to join;
- which individuals can join; and
- which organisations have joined.
Public and private organisations can join the RESAVER Pension Fund.
The main condition for joining is that your organisation's primary activity includes research - meaning that it employs researchers.
- The term ’researchers’ is defined using the Frascati definition: “Professionals engaged in the conception or creation of new knowledge, products, processes, methods and systems, and in the management of the projects converted”.
Is it just for researchers?
The RESAVER Pension Fund is not restricted to researchers alone.
For instance, membership is open to:
- researchers, scientists, engineers, technicians, and administrators;
- employees who are not researchers but who work for the same organisation as their researchers; and
- researchers coming into the EEA from outside the EEA (who are typically put on local contracts).
- If a researcher does not have an employment contract, they cannot join the RESAVER Pension Fund. However, they can be enrolled in RESAVER Insurance.
- It is up to the organisation to decide which groups of employees may join RESAVER based on local Social and Labour Law (SLL), Collective Labour Agreements (CLAs), market practice and so on.
How does my organisation join?
There are a number of steps involved for organisations that wish to join the RESAVER Pension Fund.
- Join the RESAVER Consortium.
- Obtain and complete a copy of the RESAVER Pension Fund Application Form.
- Return the form to the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the RESAVER Pension Fund.
- Forms are sent to FSMA for approval.
- FSMA approves the application enabling the organisation to become a member of the RESAVER Pension Fund General Assembly.
- The General Assembly approves the new member.
- The new member organisation receives official communication and a Welcome Pack from MYRESAVER, the Member Service Centre.
Note: the RESAVER Consortium and the Aon team will support the organisation throughout the joining process described above.
Downloads and other reading:
For full details of the joining process, download the Joining checklist.
- Joining The RESAVER Pension Fund Checklist (MPTJ-01)Published – May 2017
- RESAVER Pension Fund Application Form (RPFMA-01)Published – May 2017
- RESAVER Pension Fund Application Form (Additional Information – RPFMA-02)Published – May 2017
The RESAVER Pension Fund was founded on 14 July 2016 by three founding member organisations:
- Elettra-Sincrotrone Trieste (Elettra);
- Central European University (CEU); and
- Central European Research Infrastructure Consortium (CERIC-ERIC).